Children are picky eaters and no matter how hard you push them or promise to bribe them more than usual, dinner/lunchtime ends up in chaos. If you also have some fussy eaters at home and looking for ways to feed nutritious food that they approve of, check out the following unique recipes for children that are so delicious, it'll be hard for them to say no to.
A nutritious meal for kids, this sandwich is fairly easy to make. Carrot and Paneer Sandwich fulfils dietary protein and fiber.
Rich in calcium and iron, Beetroot Dosa is not only a healthy meal option but also so colourful that your kids will have a hard time resisting it.
This sweet treat is sure to appeal to your young one's palate. This healthy breakfast option is packed with fiber, potassium and plenty of protein to help fuel little bodies till their next meal.
A better alternative to noodles, Veg Vermicelli Upma is a colourful lunch/dinner option which is loved by kids, and also an innovative way to sneak in some veggies in their meal.
• 2 cups Seviyan / Vermicelli
• 1 medium-sized Onion
• 1 medium-sized Tomato
• 1 Green Chili - optional
• 1.5 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
• 1 cup seasonal veggies (beans, carrots, peas, cauliflower) - chopped
• ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
• 1tsp Coriander Powder
• ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
• Coriander Leaves
• 4 cups Water
• Salt to taste
• 2 tbsp Ghee
• 1 small Bay Leaf
• ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
• Roast vermicelli in a tsp of ghee until slightly golden.
• Boil 4 cups of water with required salt in a kadhai. When the water is about to boil, add roasted vermicelli, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
• Transfer the cooked vermicelli to another vessel and set aside. Heat the same pan with remaining ghee. Add cumin and bay leaf to temper. Let it crackle.
• Then add onions and ginger garlic paste. Saute until golden brown. Once the onion becomes transparent, add green chillies and stir well.
• Add tomatoes and coriander leaves. Saute until tomatoes become mushy. Now, add all spice powders and mix well.
• Add chopped veggies. Mix well and cook covered with 1/4 cup of water until the vegetables are soft.
• Add cooked vermicelli and gently toss with cooked vegetables for two minutes.
• Serve hot.
A perfect light snack for that evening hunger pangs. Containing the goodness of veggies and the yummy taste of cheese, this melt in your mouth snack will be gobbled up in a jiffy.
Gargi Bisht is an event copywriter/conceptualizer turned writer currently working with EazyDiner Pvt. Ltd. Compulsive eater, book hoarder, dog lover and pop culture enthusiast with an innate love for storytelling. Usually the quietest person in the room, Gargi is an introvert who loves her own company. When not eating, can be found in front of her laptop watching movies. Knows a thing or two about art and literature.
Earn 500 EazyPoints on registration.
We will send you a link, open it on your phone to download the app