Have you ever wondered what life would be like without pizza? Yeah, it would be bland. Just like Joey from Friends, we all have had a borderline romantic relationship with this mozzarella laden goodness at some point in our lives. (unless you're not a fan of pizza and if that’s the case I am sorry, but we can't be friends... that's just how it is). Pizza has always been there for you, it has been there when the rain started to pour, it was there like it had been there before, it was there — well, you get the idea.
So, calling all fellow pizza (and Friends) addicts, as this one is going to be all about different versions of this cheesy indulgence that you can easily make using basic home pantry ingredients for your next Netflix binge session.
1. Bread Pizza
4 slices bread
- 1 teaspoon oil for greasing the pan
- 2 tablespoon pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- ½ to ¾ cup cheese- grated
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 onion medium-cubed and layers separated
- ½ cup red yellow and green bell peppers-cubed
- 1 small tomato- deseeded and cubed
- 10 olives (optional)
Grease a pan with 1 tsp oil. Toast the bread lightly on one side. Switch off the heat. Flip them and repeat.
- Remove the bread to a board or tray and smear pizza/tomato sauce thinly. Layer onions, capsicum, and tomatoes followed by grated cheese, oregano, and chili flakes.
- Place the bread on a pan. Toast on a low to medium heat.
- Cover the pan and toast until the cheese melts.
- Serve bread pizza hot as an evening snack or breakfast.
2. Microwave Mug Pizza
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp. pizza sauce
- 2-3 tbsp grated cheese
- 6 olives/pepperoni/mushroom (or any topping of your choice)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dry red chili flakes (paprika)
- Combine 4 tbsp of plain flour, 1/8 tsp baking powder, a pinch of baking soda, and 1/8 tsp of salt in a microwave-safe mug, mix well using a fork.
- Add 3 tbsp of milk and 1 tbsp of oil, mix well using a fork.
- Spread 2 tbsp of pizza sauce evenly over it and sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Place 6 olives or topping of your choice over it and sprinkle tsp oregano, and chili flakes evenly over it.
3. Chapati Pizza
- ½ tsp butter
- 1 leftover roti/chapati (Indian whole wheat flatbread)
- 4 tsp pizza sauce
- few slice capsicum
- few petals onion
- few palak/spinach, chopped
- ½ cup grated mozzarella/or regular cheese
- 10 piece olives, sliced-optional
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- ¼ tsp mixed herbs
- Heat some butter in a pan. Once the butter melts, warm chapati/roti slightly.
- Now turn off the flame and spread 4 tsp pizza sauce.
- further top with capsicum, onion, palak, olives, and any topping of choice.
- Also, spread ½ cup grated cheese.
Sprinkle ¼ tsp chili flakes and ¼ tsp mixed herbs.
- Cover and simmer for 3 minutes or till cheese melt completely.
- Finally, slice the roti pizza and serve hot.
4. Gluten-Free Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 ¼ cup grated regular cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup Spicy Pizza Sauce
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 218 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it with olive oil.
- Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor to a fine snowy powder (you should have about 2 1/2 cups). Transfer the processed cauliflower to a microwave-safe bowl and cover. Microwave until soft, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a clean, dry kitchen towel and allow it to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, wrap the cauliflower in the towel and wring out as much moisture as possible, transferring to a second towel if necessary. In a large bowl, stir together the cauliflower, 1 1/4 cup cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and egg until well combined. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and press into a 10-inch round. Bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and top with the Pizza Sauce and remaining 1 cup cheese, followed by toppings of your choice (mushroom, veggies, olives, and/or cottage cheese). Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, (about 10 more minutes). Garnish with fresh basil leaves just before serving.
5. Easy Oat Flour Pizza
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pizza sauce, as required
- Toppings of choice
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 204ºC and heat a large skillet (on the stove) over medium heat that has been coated generously with oil/butter beforehand.
- Add all crust ingredients to the bowl of a food processor or the pitcher of a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture onto heated skillet; shape with the back of a spoon into a circle and spread for desired thickness. Cook for about 5 minutes and until edges start to brown and mixture is pretty set.
- Use a spatula to flip the crust over in the pan and cook the other side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Coat a microwave/oven proof pan with oil and transfer crust from skillet onto the pan.
- Add sauce, all desired toppings, and cheese. Bake 10 minutes until cheese is melted and edges of the crust are slightly browned.
Serve up and enjoy!
6. 15 Minute No-Fuss Pizza (without yeast)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water, roughly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pizza sauce, as required
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Oregano, or herbs of your choice, for garnish
- Pepperoni, mushroom, veggies or any toppings of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- Combine the water and oil in a separate jug or cup.
- Slowly add the water mixture to the flour mixture, holding back a little in case you don't need it all.
- Using a wooden spoon, or your hands, mix until the dough turns soft, but not sticky. Add a splash more water if your dough is too dry.
- Lightly flour your work surface and a rolling pin then roll dough into a circle using your hands (to make 2 smaller pizzas, divide the dough into 2 and roll into 2 8 inch pizzas).
- Transfer the pizza base to a nonstick microwave/oven proof tray. Spoon some Pizza Sauce over the pizza base. Cover generously with a layer of cheese, pepperoni (or toppings of choice), and oregano.
- Bake the pizza for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the cheese starts to bubble and the base is golden brown. Slice and enjoy.
Q1: How to make Bread Pizza in Microwave?
A: After topping the bread put the pan in preheated oven and bake for just 5 to 8 mins at 220 C or until the veggies get grilled partially and the cheese melts and turns golden.
Q2: How to pre-heat my Microwave?
A: You need to place a slatted rack that comes with a microwave to pre-heat it. Now, choose the convection option. Once you set it on the convection mode, your microwave’s digital display will reflect the minimum temperature setting available, you can just increase or decrease it according to your requirement and press start.
Q3: Do I have to have a food processor to make this crust?
A: A food processor makes it very easy to rice cauliflower. If you do not have a food processor, I recommend finely chopping the cauliflower.