While all of us are practicing social distancing and trying to stay safe during this lockdown, we cannot deny the fact that summer is finally here. The temperature is soaring and as we gear up for the hot weather, let us refresh and replenish our body with some of the best summer beverages to beat the heat. So here are a few refreshing summer drink recipes that will help you in quenching your thirst while you enjoy that gorgeous golden hour with your family.
1. Trending Dalgona Coffee
- 3 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 400-500ml whole fat milk
- Whisk the coffee, sugar and 3 tbsp boiling water in a bowl for approximately 5 minutes until the mixture is thick and fluffy with stiff peaks. This is easiest done using an electric whisk but can be done by hand.
- Take some ice in your glasses and pour cold milk over it. Divide the coffee mixture in half and spoon evenly on top of the glasses. Serve and stir thoroughly before drinking.
2. Nostalgic Aam Panna
- 500 gm raw mangoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- Spice mix: 2 tsp kala namak (black rock salt) and 2 tsp roasted and powdered cumin seeds
- 2 cups water
- Boil the mangoes till they become soft inside, and the skin gets discolored.
- When cool enough to handle, remove the skin and squeeze the pulp out of the mangoes.
- Mix all the ingredients, blend and add 2 cups of water.
- Put some ice in the glasses and pour the panna over it.
3. Masala Buttermilk (Chaas)
- 2 cups yogurt/curd
- 2 tbsp fresh mint and coriander leaves
- a pinch of ordinary salt
- 1 tsp black salt
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder
- 2 cups chilled water
- Take a blender, into it, add yogurt.
- Add mint leaves, coriander leaves, salt, black salt.
- Also add roasted cumin seeds powder.
- Blend this mixture well.
- Add chilled water and blend well again.
- Take a glass, pour the buttermilk and serve chilled.
4. Flavorful Peach Iced-Tea
- 2 tea bags
- 2 peaches-sliced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Mint leaves, for garnishing
- Steep tea bags in 4 cups boiling water for a few minutes; discard tea bags and let cool.
- Combine peaches and honey in blender until smooth; strain through cheesecloth or fine sieve.
- In a large pitcher, whisk together the peach mixture and brewed tea. Place in refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve over ice and mint leaves, if desired.
5. Refreshing Watermelon Slush
- 5 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Juice of 1 lime- optional
- Combine watermelon, sugar, lime juice and 1 cup ice in a blender until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
1. How to garnish your drink glass before serving cold beverages?
A: There are multiple ways to garnish. You can rim your serving glass with powdered sugar and use Lime wedges, Orange pieces and/or peel along with freshly picked mint leaves to make your drink look more presentable.
2. How to make Buttermilk extra spicy?
A: If you prefer your buttermilk extra spicy, mix chopped green chilli with all other ingredients. You can also put a hint of red chilli powder and chat masala for an additional kick.
3. Can we use toned milk while making Dalgona coffee?
A: Yes, you can use any milk according to your preference. Whole fat milk gives a creamy look and flavor to it, but toned and skimmed milk will also work fine.