If there is any way to put summer into a fruit, it will be watermelon. It is perfect for the hot weather, with its refreshing and hydrating qualities. If you have spare time on your hands and would like to experiment with the fruit, then you must try these recipes below! Try these summery recipes and let us know if you like them!
For a couple of months in summer season, one can give their salads a fun twist by adding a bit of watermelon to it. I’m sure that it sounds like watermelon and cheese would be a sad combination, but honestly, the flavours complement each other well.
• 1 medium sized watermelon
• ¼ cup of olive oil
• Juice of 3 lemons
• 1 cup of mint leaves
• 1 cup of feta cheese
• At first chop the watermelon, strain it, and put it into a salad bowl.
• Take a separate bowl and mix olive oil and lemon juice in it.
• Pour this mixture over watermelon and mix it well.
• Then add feta cheese and mint leaves for garnishing, and mix it well.
• Let the salad sit for an hour in the fridge before serving.
You might also like: 6 Super Easy Basant Panchami Special Recipes
Ever since we have been in lockdown, and we can’t tell if it’s a weekday or weekend, we’re on a 24x7 cocktail mode. And what better than a summery mojito for this mode.
• 30 large fresh mint leaves, torn by hand
• 3 to 4 slices of fresh watermelon
• 300 ml of rum/soda
• 1/2 cup of sweetening syrup
• 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice.
• Sprigs of mint and slices of watermelon, for serving
• Firstly, mash the mint leaves
• Then take out the seeds of the watermelon and blend them
• Put the mashed mint into a large pitcher with 2 cups of puréed watermelon, rum, simple syrup, and lime juice and stir to mix it all.
• Pour the mixture into a pitcher and serve it cold.
The list would be incomplete without the number 1 summer essential, ice cream. This amazing watermelon sorbet takes only 5 minutes to prepare.
• Take 2 cups of watermelon, frozen overnight
• Juices of 2 lemons
• Put the frozen watermelon into the blender and add lemon juice.
• Continue mixing it till it gets a sorbet-like texture.
• You can also add honey if you prefer it to be sweeter.
• Serve it immediately.
You might also like: Bread Week Exclusive: Bake-off Artisanal Bread with easy recipes
This is the perfect way to reform an easy snack into something a little more elegant. The lime-honey syrup takes only couple minutes to make, keeps well in the fridge, and will make the family and guests feel happy.
• 1 cup fresh lime juice
• ¼ cup honey
• 1 ripe watermelon
• In saucepan, heat lime juice and honey on high, stir it occasionally. Boil for 2 minutes.
• Transfer to small bowl and refrigerate the same until cold. Syrup can be refrigerated up to 1 day.
• Place watermelon slices on large platter. Drizzle with lime syrup and serve the same instantly.
You might also like: 10 Easy Vegan Recipes To Celebrate Plant Power Day
This is a refreshing and flavorful way to enjoy fresh watermelon. Try the watermelon salsa recipe that is quick and easy to make.
• 1/4 seedless watermelon diced
• ½ green bell pepper
• ½ orange bell pepper
• ½ cup chopped onion
• 15 sprigs of cilantro
• 1 jalapeno
• Juice of 1 lemon
• Teaspoon of roasted cumin powder
• Salt as per taste
• Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it well.
• Check for seasoning and add, if needed.
• Serve with chips or as a side salad.
Watermelon Fries with Coconut Lime Dip are an amazing gluten free, vegan and healthy summer snack that’s perfect for the whole family.
• Ingredients for Fries:
• 1 watermelon peeled, cut into long fry-like shapes
• 2 table spoon Tajin Classic Seasoning
Ingredients for Dip:
• 1 cup coconut yogurt
• Zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 1 table spoon coconut sugar
• Take a bowl, combine yogurt, lime juice, zest and coconut sugar. Keep it aside.
• Then take a plate and scatter watermelon fries and sprinkle Tajin classic seasoning on the top.
• Serve it with the dip!
You might also like: 7 Delicious pasta recipes to try at home
Take a break from the heat and enjoy these flavorful watermelon-blackberry popsicles.
• 20 blackberries
• Seedless watermelon chunks
• 2 table spoon sugar
• 2 table spoon fresh lime juice
• 1 pinch salt
• Place 3 to 5 blackberry halves into each of 10 pop molds.
• Mix remaining ingredients in a blender until smooth, then transfer mixture to a large glass measure or pitcher.
• Then skim off and discard foam from surface.
• Pour it into prepared molds and insert sticks.
• Freeze for at least 24 hours before unmolding.
This savoury watermelon salad is a perfect summer appetizer and is for sure going to impress your guests!
• Marinated Watermelon Slices
• 8-10 rectangles of watermelon
• Juice of one lemon
• 4 mint leaves
• 1 table spoon balsamic vinegar
• ½ table spoon honey
• 2 marinated watermelon slices
• 4 table spoon crumbled feta
• 2 chopped mint leaves
• ½ slice cooked bacon
• Small slices of very thinly shaved red onions
• Balsamic vinegar
• In a ziplock bag, put watermelon slices and ingredients for marinade. Allow the same to marinate overnight in the fridge.
• To make the salad, place a slice of watermelon on the plate, top it with 2 teaspoons of crumbled feta, and 1 chopped mint leaf.
• Place another watermelon slice on top of it.
• Top it with 2 teaspoons of crumbled feta, another chopped mint leaf, ½ a slice of chopped bacon, a few red onion shavings, and finish with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and a mint leaf for garnish!
Chile-Lime Grilled Watermelon will be the hit dish of summer BBQ! Sweet, subtly spicy and super refreshing, it’s the perfect to serve as a side dish to all sorts of grilled foods.
• 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil
• 1 teaspoon of chili paste
• zest of ½ of a lemon
• juice of ½ of a lemon
• Pinch of salt
• 8 small triangular wedges of seedless watermelon, about ½-inch thick
• At first take a small bowl, combine oil, chili paste, lime zest and juice, and a pinch of salt.
• Place the watermelon slices in one layer on baking sheet.
• Preheat a stove or grill.
• Use a whisk to make sure that lime mixture is well blended, and then drizzle about half of it over the watermelon.
• Flip the slices over, and drizzle the rest on other side.
• Once the grill is hot, add the watermelon slices, and make sure there is at least an inch or so between them.
• Grill just long enough. Flip them over, and grill the other side for about 30 seconds.
Simran Saluja is an in-house creative writer currently working with EazyDiner. She is a food enthusiast, dog lover and travel buff. She loves to explore new cuisines and places. Simran being an extrovert loves talking around with people and sharing her stories and experiences. Apart from writing, she loves watching Netflix.
Earn 500 EazyPoints on registration.
We will send you a link, open it on your phone to download the app