The scorching heat is an indication summer is finally here. And there is no denying that these desperately hot days have left us craving for cooler drinks to replenish ourselves. So, if you are also feeling beyond parched and in need of a caffeine fix, we have got your back. Whether you’re a basic cold brew lover or looking for a more sophisticated beverage, we have got you covered with the following fun iced coffee recipes that are easy to follow and even easier to make.
1. Iced Cappuccino
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 10-12 tbsp. cold milk
- In a sealable jar, combine instant coffee, sugar, and warm water. Cover the jar and shake until it is foamy.
- Pour into a glass full of ice.
- Fill the glass with milk. Adjust to taste if necessary.
2. Cold Brew Lemonade
- 2-4 tbsp. lemon juice
- 20-30 g sugar syrup
- 8-10 tbsp. water
- 8-10 tbsp. cold brew
- Handful of Ice cubes
- Combine the lemon juice, simple syrup, and water in a cup. Adjust the sweet according to your preference.
- Once you get a lemonade flavor that you’re happy with, add ice to the cup and top up with cold brew. Stir well and enjoy.
3. Thai Iced Coffee Shake
- 2 cups cold brew
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavor
- whipped cream (optional)
- 2-3 Tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Pour about 2 cups of cold coffee in ice cube tray; place in the freezer to set. Do the same with 2 cups of coconut milk in an ice cube tray.
- Remove ice trays from the freezer when set completely. Leave outside for about 10 minutes.
- Place the ice cubes in a blender, add condensed milk and vanilla, blend until creamy and smooth. It is ok if not all the cubes blend.
- Pour into glasses, top with whipped cream and sugar. Serve immediately.
4. Irish Iced Coffee
- 8 tbsp. strong coffee (chilled)
- 1 tablespoon sugar syrup
- 3 tbsp. Irish whiskey
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Combine the coffee, syrup, whiskey, and cream in an ice-filled cocktail shaker or sealable jar.
- Shake vigorously until very cold (about 30 seconds). Strain into an ice-filled glass and enjoy
5. Dalgona Iced Coffee
- 3 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 400-500ml whole fat milk
- Whisk the coffee, sugar, and 3 tbsp boiling water in a bowl for approximately 5 minutes until the mixture is thick and fluffy with stiff peaks. This is easiest done using an electric whisk but can be done by hand.
- Take some ice in your glasses and pour cold milk over it. Divide the coffee mixture in half and spoon evenly on top of the glasses. Serve and stir thoroughly before drinking.
6. Blended Iced Mocha
- 1 1/3 cup chocolate milk (or chocolate-flavored almond milk for non-dairy version), frozen in cubes
- 8 tbsp. strong coffee chilled
- 1 tablespoon sugar syrup
- Whipped cream and chocolate sauce (optional)
- Add the frozen cubes of chocolate milk to a blender with the coffee and sugar syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Add up to 8 tbsp. additional chocolate milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Add whipped cream and chocolate sauce to the top of the mocha if desired. Enjoy.
Q1: How to make cold brew at home?
A: You can either use your instant coffee or freshly ground coffee beans for making a brew. Mix the desired quantity of coffee with water let it sit overnight in the fridge. The next morning it will be ready to use.
Q2: How to make simple sugar syrup?
A: Take 100 grams of brown sugar and 110 ml of hot water. Mix until dissolved, then chill.
Q3. Can we use toned milk while making Dalgona coffee?
A: Yes, you can use any milk according to your preference. Whole fat milk gives a creamier look and flavor to it, but toned and skimmed milk will also work fine.