Get free deal with every meal
Confirm booking in 30 second
No charges on booking cancellation
It need not always be a romantic dinner at an expensive restaurant with an idyllic setting on Valentine’s Day. The idea is to spend time together and enjoy yourselves on this day, which spells romance and togetherness. What is more, you could even walk down Carter Road Promenade and enjoy just an ice cream or even a masala chai at a neighbourhood café. One need not always burn a hole in one’s pocket to have a great time. Mumbai, offers several opportunities to have a good time, without spending too much. My top 5 suggestions:
1. Begin your day by having an affordably priced breakfast together at Peach Deli, Juhu, Western Suburbs, a cute little place with a relaxed vibe. Opt for the value-for-money breakfast combos or an a la carte option, which includes Scrambled Eggs on Toast, Cous Cous Upma or even a Bun Maska. Round this off with a Cappuccino.
Book now! Click here
2. Step into Brownie Point at Pali Hill, Bandra and share a heart-shaped Pink Popsicle - a delectable treat, made especially for Valentine’s Day.
Valentine's range by Chef Manish Khurana
There are cupcakes, pastries and pink tea cakes as well, to choose from. There is nothing like sharing a dessert with your partner.
3. There is nothing more romantic than sipping tea at Chaayos, Powai, Central Mumbai. Settle for their famous Kullad Chai, which is an absolute steal and make the most of your time together.
Choose your deal! Click here
4. If a cocktail is what you both fancy, head straight to Garage Inc, Colaba, South Mumbai. Pink and red are the colours of love and so you could settle for the special Rose cocktails, created especially for this occasion.
Pick from the Strawberry and Lime Frosé, Rose petals and Chia Rosé Sangria or a Cucumber, Orange and Kaffir Lime-infused Rosé. The alluring hues of these drinks are sure to entice you.
5. End your day with a simple, unpretentious, but satiating dinner at the elegant, Aromas Cafe & Bistro, Bandra, where you can choose from an array of global dishes including sandwiches, salads, pizza, pasta and more. Enjoy the hearty classic Waldorf Salad or try a Lamb Burger. If a pizza is what you prefer, the Roasted Chicken and Pesto Pizza will be deeply satisfying and can easily be shared.
So, this Valentine’s Day, be different. Walk hand in hand, sip a drink or a beverage together, share a quiet meal at a café and perhaps catch a nice play post dinner. Enjoy your time together without having to conform to norms and be extravagant.
Food critic, features writer and columnist, Mini Ribeiro is a qualified Journalist, from IIMC New Delhi. She specialises in the Food & Beverage and Hospitality space. As an established food & beverage writer, Mini currently contributes to several leading English publications across the country – Asian Age, Hindustan Times, Sunday Financial Express, Hotelier India, Go Getter and Vistara inflight magazines and Rediff.com. She also has her own You Tube channel called Mini’s Food Fundas. Fond of cooking, Mini enjoys experimenting in the kitchen with various cuisines, with Indian regional food, being her favourite. She has recently started, a platform for home talent, called 'Flavours from Home', an initiative which aims to make women who are passionate about cooking, entrepreneurs.